Stranger's Thanks
[html]
<style>
#ulilohi {width:90%; margin:10px auto; border:0; font-family: arial, sans-serif;}
#ulilohi p {padding:0; text-indent:0;}
#ulilohi p.wc {text-align:right;}
</style>

The atmosphere of their conversation seemed to shift into the unbearable when she asked him of his owner, and she quickly regretted asking it. Atisia made it very clear, through a sharp and disdainful tut in her ear, low but loud enough for her to hear, that he, too, picked up on the awkwardness. That, and it was visible in the male in front of her. Had she ruined a good conversation? Long moments of silence passed before he answered, and Ulilohi quickly followed up on his answer when he did, almost as if she'd waited for him to say anything at all, and with the same answer. "I am sorry, I forget myself — this is none of my business." Still, she could not shake the feeling that it could be important to know if slave owners were near her tribe. "I ask your forgiveness. I was worried that perhaps a pack who deals in slaves, or a slave handler was near here or something — obviously, I am protective of my tribe and would want to know of any threats." There, at least she had explained her feelings on the matter. In a desperate attempt to kill any remnants of an awkward moment, the councilwoman tried to steer the conversation back onto the item she had received from the male. "I will make sure that Grace gets your gift of thanks. I am very proud to hear that you have found that AniWaya can be a place of support. It is really beautiful." The attempt was accompanied by a bright smile, delivered somewhat nervously. The spirit guide on her shoulder sighed audibly at her, and she knew he was likely rolling his eyes at her as well, though she was grateful that he had not chosen to comment on anything. It could get very uncomfortable when he decided to force his way into a conversation.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread