Asdawadvsdi
[html]
[/html]Claudius was silent, paying deference to the Councilwoman as they waited. He already knew what she would announce, so unlike those gathered before them, he didn't feel the same kind of anxiety they did. Certainly, they would recognize that they had been called here on a day not normally celebrated. He just hoped that they would take the news well. He recognized some as former rebels and true AniWayans that had fought against the tyrant Maska, but there were others who he recognized as new faces and perhaps would not recall his role in the war. He didn’t even think he could call it a ‘role’: certainly, being imprisoned and begging for freedom didn’t lend him any credibility. But he had to stay strong lest he break down at the last minute. He knew he could do this and Ulilohi did too, otherwise she wouldn’t have chosen him.

Like Ulilohi, he stood in his Optime form, clenching and unclenching his hands behind his back. He didn’t want anyone to see how nervous he was. Being a real sub-leader was far more terrifying than being a puppet leader during the occupation by Crimson Dreams and Cour des Miracles.

He kept his gaze on Ulilohi for most of her speech, turning every so often to assess their reactions. When she paused, he glanced back at her once more—waiting.

“Thuh-tha-thank y-you, Ulil-o-o-ohi,” he said. He let his gaze sweep over the grop of AniWayans gathered before them. “I w-will see-eek to-o honour… this tr-i-i-ibe—wi-ith a-all I do.” [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread