Running On Automatic
[html]

No effort was made to avoid what was coming. Alexey was in big trouble, and she knew it. Tawny ears flattened against her skull as golden-speckled eyes traveled to the ground. Suddenly, she felt ashamed. And that shame prevented her from looking Adelaida straight in the eyes. Why wasn't she saying anything? Why wasn't she reacting more than that? Lexey quickly realized that she would have preferred getting yelled at, because this silent treatment was excruciating. "Ade... I-" She stopped mid-sentence, knowing there was nothing she could say to make things better. Originally, the caramel colored she-wolf had wanted to say 'I love you'. What good would that have done though? Her sibling probably didn't want to hear it. With her tail tucked in between her legs, she cautiously took a step forward in an attempt to nuzzle Adelaida, but what she saw next was enough to stop her from doing so. There was a wound on her sister's shoulder, and from the looks of it, it was recent. Within a split second, Alexey had gone from being apologetic to flat out upset.

"Never mind what I'm doing here. What's this on your shoulder, Ade?" Her tone was demanding, concerned, and furious at the same time. Perhaps it wasn't the best way to react, but the two-year-old did not know any better. She had never seen her littermate wounded before, and it was scaring the crap out of her. Someone had laid their filthy hands on the only family she had left. The two sisters couldn't run to their sire for help now: Fyodor was gone. They were left alone to fend for themselves. Alexey was frantic by then; her heart pounding hard and her head reeling from mixed emotions. She could only blame herself for not being there to help Adelaida. "What happened to you?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread