Running On Automatic
[html]

I got into a fight. A female coyote. Adelaida stated the answer to her sister matter-of-factly. She didn’t feel compelled to explain why she had gotten in the fight. That would probably come soon enough, she knew that Alexey wouldn’t let this drop. She felt like a child would had come home drunk to her parents for the first time. There was no hiding it, there were no good excuses, and there was no avoiding the questions. Maybe though she could turn the focus somewhere else. There is a new pack of them, just a little south of this pack Alexey still hadn’t explained herself or why she was here in this pack. Coyotes and wolves, I think. At least I smelled the wolves.

Adelaida seated herself, she was much calmer than her sister, which was a rarity. However the panic and despair were right below the surface, Alexey just wouldn’t break the seal. Blazing eyes of blue swept the lands behind her sister again. Lots of buildings, homes and other buildings she had no idea what the use of them could ever be for. Did the wolves in these packs live in these buildings? Did they pretend to be humans too, like Iskata did? To pretend to be a species one is not, or to even strive to be like a species one is not, Adelaida found it revolting. Did Alexey really live here? Speaking softer now, more inviting (as if she’d really be understanding when Alexey spoke the truth) Ade tried again.
Why are you here?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread