Aches and Pains
[html]

OOC text here

Neela's nose was as ineffective as it usually was and the tired Collie didn't notice Dixie's approach until a soft growl met her ears from behind. Not yet falimiar enough with the fluffy pack member to recognise her growl Neela started at the umfamiliar sound, bringing one knife up into a guard position, the other staying down low where it could easily be used to gut a foe, and span around to face the noise, teeth bared and growl failing to cover up a pained grunt at the quick movement.

When Neela saw and recognised Dixie she lowered her hackles, and knives, ears dipping briefly in apology to the other female. "Yeah." she responded passively to Dixie's request to come closer, quietly ignoring the fact that she had begun to do so regardless.

Neela couldn’t help but react aggressively when Dixie, even not knowing who he was, threatened Leon. The same instinct that had managed to shift all blame for the attack from Leon onto herself was determined to defend him, against her pack mates if need be. The sudden rush of aggression caused Neela to growl, ears raising and gums receding for a split second as her hands tightened around the handles of her knives. It was only a split second before Neela realised what she was doing and relaxed herself, eyes softening as she dipper her head apologetically towards the younger female, "Sorry. I, well, it's family business." Neela didn’t want to give up Leon's name or identity for fear of him getting attacked but her resolve was weak and it showed, in her voice and body language, her ears were pasted against her skull and her entire body language gave the impression of shrinking in on herself, with some pressing she would probably fold.

Neela flinched when Dixie shifted her glare towards Neela's eyes, her voice sounding almost accusatory to Neela. "Grynn." she said quietly in response, sadness coating her words, "My Falcon, she.. died, was killed. Tried to help me. If i'd been a better fighter… no-" The core of Neela's guilt came not from the fact that she was an unskilled fighter, but from the fact that she was fairly skilled in her own right, but had neglected these skills and so found herself helpless, "If I'd practised and remembered what I've been taught, she would be alive." Neela whined once more, her gaze dropping to the ground, "Sorry."

Word Count :: +399

<style>
.Holder {width: 640px; margin:0px auto;}
.NeelaFor { background-image:url(http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4457/neelaforest.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center bottom; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#ffffff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:15px 0px 345px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; }
.NeelaFor b {color:#f5000f; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.NeelaFor p { color:#008416; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.wc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:11px; }
.ooc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center; font-style: italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 15px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; }

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread