green leaves are calling to my heart.
[html]

I thought your post was good.~ Big Grin <3

Word Count → 425

Sparrow saw that the woman seemed uncomfortable as she mentioned the singing, and quickly regretted saying anything about it. She wanted to say it was good, despite not hearing it that well, or that she, too, sang alone, that it was nothing unusual. But, Emmanuelle did not speak about it, so she kept her mouth closed, knowing she would be stuttering about for an appropriate apology instead of spitting it out and did not want to bring it up again in case it would cause the female further discomfort. She returned the blonde’s smile, the action coming more smoothly than she thought it would despite the guilt swimming in her mind.

She blinked as the tool was handed to her, and turned the shaft around in her hand, even going as far as to brush it gently across the floor, though she was careful not to make a mess. Sparrow guessed it was useful, if it was used to keep dirt out, which did not harm her at all though others might have felt otherwise. “That would hurt,” she said, being a bit obvious without realizing it, “I mean, even the smallest of splinters hurt. But getting hit with broken wood…” She frowned a bit at the thought, but smiled again as she thought of its effectiveness as both a cleaning thing and a weapon thing, gaining her overall approval.

“Yeah, I guess I’m lucky,” Sparrow agreed, and even went further to say, “I wish I could be a bit more like her.” This was true—the younger sister wished she could have been more confident and bold like the older one, but was not spiteful nor jealous, though she see herself striving to be more like her. “In any case, I’m glad she helped you. Vesper is a good person, even if she can be a braggart at time,” she said frankly though kindly, a smile playing on her muzzle as she spoke of her sister.

She looked around the greenhouse for a moment, but turned back to Emma as she spoke again, and nodded eagerly, adding, “That would be nice.” Sparrow was keen on learning things and did wonder as to why the plants were there, and decided to voice her curiosity. “What are they used for, anyway? I thought plants were just… plants.” The woman thought that mentioning how smelly they were was a bit childish, and refrained from saying such, though she had to rub her nose from the strong scent once more as the thought came to mind.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to patrickhashley

<style>
.sparrow-grace { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aDAR2.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#e2b58b; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 313px 0px; color:#ffd7b2; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.sparrow-grace b {color:#d0855b; }
.sparrow-grace p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.sparrow-grace p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.sparrow-grace .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.sparrow-grace .wordcount {color:#ffd7b2; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #ffd7b2; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread