green leaves are calling to my heart.
[html]

(757)

ooc; i got carried away. xD

The woman turned her head in time to watch Sparrow hesitate on taking a honeysuckle and walked quickly back to the plant and plucked off a few flowers and handed them to the Prases so that she too could sample the sweet flower. " Silly, you don't have to act like these are sacred. This is the clans greenhouse after all, as long as your not setting fire to the place nobody minds. This is for clan use. " She said, chiding the doe-eye girl gently with a smile. Sparrow's earlier question almost slipped her mind but then then she remembered, and laughed. " Getting high is where you smoke the Marijuana, usually Infernians roll it between their fingers with a piece of paper and then light it on fire and inhale the smoke. They are called ' joints ' and they strongly resemble cigarettes, surely you've seen Ezekiel smoking a clove cigarette? I think a few in Inferni do. " Here she paused, looking around for some sort of example but finding none. " Anyways, inhaling this smoke makes you feel really funny, but in a good way. Sort of a really relaxed feeling of euphoria. I actually am pretty sure that clove cigarettes do the same thing. " The dame continued, pointing to a plant a few troughs down that had been brought to the clan lands by Ezekiel himself.

A wide smile graced her face once more as Sparrow expressed quiet interest in learning more and her tail wagged behind her in pleasure. " Of course there is Sparrow! You are completely right. I'm glad your interested because we don't know everything about plant life, much of our knowledge is passed down and around through word of mouth from strangers to clan mates. I learned most of what I know from Enikiel and a trader, and the rest I've experimented and observed from others. The more that know the better.. " Her voice trailed off again as she absently touched the scars on her chest, a suddenly grim expression passing over her features. Turning away from the girl she crossed her arms and looked at her feet, her soft curls hanging over her shoulders as her head dipped forward. " It is important that a few of us know about healing, because if we ever get attacked again by stragglers of the Boreas or whatever group tries to war with us next, we will have more healers to respond. " She said softly, the memories of being attacked alone flashing through her eyes. " We were lucky none of us died. I know Salsola had casualties. " The woman shook her head, curls bouncing with the movement to erase the non-pleasant thoughts from her mind.

Emmanuelle cleared her throat and stepped closer to another plant, motioning with her hand that Sparrow should follow after she had sampled the Honeysuckle plant. " Now this plant is very, very useful. It is meadowsweet, and it can be used for a variety of things. You can use it as an anti-inflammatory, so to take down swelling by ingesting it. It is also great to be used as a disinfectant, if you mix it with some heated water and let it sit for a bit then strain out the plant matter and dab at the wound or pour the water - once cooled of course - on it will wash out impurities and dirt and such. You can also make it into a paste to put on some cloth to make a compress or make tea as well. " She plucked off some the white flowers and handed them to Sparrow, happy with the girl. Moving again, she stalked over to an especially fragrant green plant. " Do you remember how I mentioned mint before? Well we have it here, but it's full name is Spearmint. I would tell you to try some but it is especially strong just from the leaf, you might not like it. Along with the strong flavor it lends to make tea more pleasant, it can be steeped in tea by itself to help with stomach aches. If you left the leaves in the hot water for a long time it would be strong, the less time you leave it the lighter it will be. It's kind of hard to get honey to flavor tea, but if we ever happen upon a honeycomb we can build a small fire and smoke the bees out, it keeps them calm.. Do you have any questions? There is only a few plants left in the greenhouse that I can show you.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread