Back where we Belong.
[html]
ooc goes here

The brother and sister had arranged to meet at the borders of the Court this day, and Orin had found him and his family in the woods just on the outskirts of the land of Miracles. They had exchanged warm welcomes; Orin hugged her brother (though now no longer leaping into his arms as she once would, sluggish as she was now from her pregnant belly) and his mate, and patted her niece and nephew as they waggled their tails and licked at her hands. Her move from d'Arte to the Court had been a slow one, the mare she was so accustomed to riding belonged to her old pack so this time she was out on foot. Changing and running on all fours was not an option anymore, it was too late in her pregnancy for that, and she found herself tired and in need of frequent rest. Yet still she managed to arrive fairly on time, a few packs of personal items, including her satchel, cloaks, and bow and arrows slung over her back, shoulders and hips every which way. Still, somehow the burden of her luggage looked far less arduous when compared to her large belly.

Now they stood, the lot of them, at the edge of the Court. She was so used to walking right over these borders as though she had never left, for she still considered Vigilante's open invitation for her to visit when she pleased just that; open. But this time things were different, this was formal and there was protocol to follow. So, waddling behind her brother's family, she stopped when they did.

Her golden eyes stared out over the land of the Court, a place she once called home and now wished to again. It seemed different somehow, as though every edge was lined with invisible gold. It was a feeling more than anything; and Orin chuckled at this. My my, her thoughts had become silly lately. Pregnancy hormones and all that...

Her eyes met Niro's for a moment, and a warm smile crossed her features. It was time. She raised her head when he did and her own howl sang throughout d'Arte, matching his note for note, and as she called for the leadership the babies inside of her grew excited and wriggled. She set a palm on her stomach, feeling their strong kicks as she howled.

When their song finished she dropped her eyes to look at the lands again, and soon saw someone was coming. Cocking her head she quickly recognized Ayita Catori, the woman who had been quite a dear friend to her over the seasons. She let some of her baggage slip to the ground and held her arms out, walking towards the woman with tail wagging. “Ayita, old friend!” She quipped happily. “It's been seasons, it's so good to see you!”

Her eyes turned to the puppies as the Catori woman spoke to the family, and it suddenly reminded her of something. “Sarian!” She called into the forest, and not long after a happy gray wolfess pranced through the trees. The child was young, but in her Lupus body she matched the size of a small adult now. Tongue lolling out and panting, she came to Orin's side for just a moment before sniffing at Ayita. “Ayita, this is Sarian, my daughter. Not of my blood, but of my heart all the same.” She smiled proudly upon her adopted child.

<style type="text/css">
.orint3 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.orint3 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orint3 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#8FAC7A; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/UdMpC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EFF7F1; outline:1px solid #3E7F25; padding: 170px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3E7F25; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 500+
[/html]

Messages In This Thread