[m] [p] ten thousand days in the fire
[html]

Eris is by Kiri!

The slim little coyote looked up at the dark woman with wide eyes, and slowly, she shook her head. Eris smiled knowingly, and her chartreuse eyes flicked to Miqui. They seemed to convey something, for the man ceased inching forward and stopped where he was. The little woman tossed a glance backward and seemed to do a double-take, looking once and looking again at the tall brown coyote lingering quite nearby. The gesture was small enough, but it let Eris know this little one was in her palm. Miqui, she said loudly. Good of you to join us, my dearest. It seems we've a choice to make, the hybrid said, echoing Alessandra's thoughts.

Perhaps we'll have a race. Whichever is trampled first is clearly the loser, as I see it, the hybrid stated, grinning broadly as she cast her attention toward the male. She had already rigged this game, of course, and knew which was to be the winner and which was to be the loser. An unruly slave served poorly, while one grateful for their new station, an improvement on the old -- well, Eris knew which she'd take every time. Run along, little one, she said, cooing and waving both coyotes off. I'd run quickly, if I were you.

<style>
#erisKiri {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisKiri u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread