Sailing for Adventure
[html]
Word Count :: 447Sorry it took so long, you guys! ;u; Bunch of things kinda popped up that I had to deal with.

The jackal hybrid sighed heavily, not sure if was eager for the meeting of these potential crew members, or fretting the whole idea of it all.

On one hand, the crew obviously needed to be reestablished, or would be no crew at all. On the other hand, it was never fancied by Percival Teach to meet so many new people at once. Or at all.

His emotionless grey eyes swept over them all, observing them one by one. Percival wasn't usually one to judge, as he knew full well that appearance valued very little to an individual's personality or general person, but he hoped by watching movements and expressions, perhaps maybe he could get a generalized idea of what each person could bring to the table.

Foolish... He knew even if he were to understand each and every person on the land, the knowledge would do him no good; he'd still be isolated, thanks to his own preference, and he's still harbour distrust for anybody, except Tobias. No use in wasting time to analyze the psychology of this crowd, for the information gained would be, to him, really only superfluous.

Giving up on the idea, he decided to leave the job of judgment to his respected captain, keeping quite, as was usual for him unless spoken to (unless you caught him singing, which he more than adored). His large jackal-like ears perked at the familiar sound of Tobias' voice, and Percival found himself paying full attention to the other.

He first noticed the distance between them had closed some, leaving him to wonder if he's subconsciously drifted closer to his one and only friend out of habit, or if the captain found comfort in Percival's presence. Either way, it was noted, and accepted.

After a moment to think upon the question suddenly asked of him, Percival Teach cleared his throat, voice low but melodic as he spoke, "I 'ave t' admit, Cap'n, I don't really 'ave much o' an opin'n on any o' them quite yet. I not be much o' a people person, sir... As ye know..." He stopped himself as he was aware of his now rambling. Being monotone, the statement was stoic, but he was truthful in everything that he announced, especially to his captain. He knew Tobias was clear of this fact.

Percival kept close to his friend, significantly more comfortable by doing so. The amount of strangers present accelerated his heart rate enough, knowing they'd be part of a crew to sail, sleep and most probably die together only made him more nervous. The jackal-hybrid wasn't exactly misanthropic, merely... anti-social. He made himself comfortable by staying alongside his captain.

Photo courtesy of Jaimito Cartero

<style>
.KMTT_PerciPira p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_PerciPira b {font-family:verdana; color:#507c8e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#909494 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_PerciPira {background-color:#ccd3d8; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#798083; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... /Perci.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:356px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_PerciPira .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_PerciPira .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#84a9b8; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #7a7f82; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread