[DND] Lost at the hands of Fate
[html]
aw sadness all around

The redheaded man shook his head, though his heart truly agreed with the boy before him. They did not know what they had left and did not understand what damage they had done to them. Strel had no reason to give the boy for their abandonment, nor could he give words for the pain in his heart every time he thought about why he was so lonely. "Be thankful they did not leave you dead in their wake like others might have, boy," he said, hoping to be the tad bit soothing. It may have sounded a poor thing to be happy about, but they were still alive, even if death seemed a much better respite from the agony.

Ears flattened as the boy whimpered. Strel understood the pain in the boy's heart, though he had lost someone he thought was part of his heart. Yet, he had not lost his mother, father, and blood-siblings. No, he would not understand the loss of their abandonment as the boy had, though he could still feel their absence keenly. "Yes, they left. They left you, and they left me. Your mother never told me a thing, and her brother.. her brother followed her to protect her. Didn't really think about us, now did they?" he asked, rhetorically, voice filled with angry, bitter emotion.

Strel pulled away from the young man, choosing to turn away from the interior of the Tribe. "I figured if no link remained, I could forget everything and pretend it was nothing but a dream." He was not quite sure what he was going to do now that the link was still there, in this tall youth. His mouth closed tightly, lips pursed together as he kept his glance away. The Nishant had a terribly valid desire. To put it behind them. Strel turned back to him, eyes glancing at him with an apologetic look. "I would like as much as you to put it in the past. I am not looking for anything. I had hoped that you would not be here. So I am at a loss. But since you're here, I find myself unable to walk away. You are the last one." He rubbed at his arm, worry seeping into his bones. This youth would have nothing to do with him. "You certainly aren't him. You should be glad of that. Perhaps we can.. offset what they've done?"

<style>
.starsky .ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:center; padding:60px 20px 5px 20px;color:#786762; }
.starsky p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:20px;}
.starsky b {color:#786762; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#3a1504 0em .1em 0em; }
.starsky .line1 {width:150px; border-bottom:1px solid #4e4e4e; margin:0 auto 3px auto; padding:5px 0px 0px 0px;}
.starsky {background-color:#000000; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/XPcjE.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Souo1.jpg); background-position:bottom center, top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4e4e4e; font-family: tahoma, serif; font-size:13px; color:#4e4e4e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.starsky-border {width:502px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.starsky .inner {margin:0px 15px 70px 15px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mfqyi.png); border:1px solid #4e4e4e; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread