maybe where the roads part
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 388

While they poke of Inferni, Sparrow thought of her former life—the one that Marcel ruined. As a loner, things were easier; they had only themselves (though Vesper, clear at that age, depended more on herself than anyone else), and no one bothered them, finding no merit with troubling an injured coyote and her two daughters. While Vesper became the independent soul she was made to be, Sparrow clung to Winter, the woman providing a more soothing company than what her sibling could provide when they were young. She had enjoyed the simple life they had, even when at moments it was somewhat difficult; Vesper always provided food, her mother provided company and support, no matter what had happened.

When the memories dwindled to their doomed end, she closed them off. She had Inferni now, and could not focus on the past, but instead help put forth for a better future for the clan. Sparrow returned the Optio’s smirk with a somewhat sly smile, knowing her words were true. Sometimes it still baffled her how she could have settled down, but it made no difference to the fawn—it was obvious this was her place, and did not question it beyond how it came to be.

“Well… I had some help. Someone told me of a cocky coywolf that bested them that headed east. From what he described, it sounded like someone I knew,” she said, half-shy and half-playful in tone. But, she became a bit more solemn at Vesper’s next words. “Again… I have to thank you for that,” she said plainly, resolute on the fact that her sister should accept her gratitude. Though, she wouldn’t force it upon her, but would take on the opportunity to remind her of it if it were to come up again.

When she mentioned friends, she became a little meek. “Well… I guess I am. There are a few people were who are friendly.” Though she considered Myrika a good acquaintance, she was not sure if she had the right to label her as a friend for all the trouble she put the hybrid through. “For a clan whom put skulls on the border… their people are nicer than what I thought, honestly.”

She paused for a moment, and asked herself, a bit curious for the answer, “What about you?”

Code by the Mentors!

<style>
.sparrowaly-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAezl.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#201b0c; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:415px 0px 10px 0px; color:#635321; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.sparrowaly-2 b {color:#df982b; }
.sparrowaly-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.sparrowaly-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.sparrowaly-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.sparrowaly-2 .wordcount {color:#635321; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread