god bless the broken road
[html]
imagine a world where no music was playing,
and think of a church with nobody praying. have you ever looked up at a sky with no blue? then you've seen a picture of me without you.

The woman’s face fell as her shoulders rode up, like a little snowy bird trying to hunch between its wings, and Wayne glanced at her in concern. He was helpless for a moment; unlike jerking her from dangerous precipices and beating foes to protect her, he could not do anything about her fears.

He put on a smile for her sake, albeit a bad one, and tried to sound careless. “Nothin’s gonna happen while we’re out,” he promised easily. “We ain’t gonna help by frettin’. I’ll protect you.” The last was the most truthful statement among them, although he realized belatedly that she was probably worried about the pack to. “The others can take care of themselves too. We’d only get in their way. Prolly tired of seein’ us anyway.”

His eyes fell back to his mare’s flaxen mane then, and he found himself faintly disturbed that he was the one trying to cheer her up with words. Plenty of times she’d sank into depressions that he coaxed her out of with a touch, but lately he’d worried that that wasn’t enough. He’d tried to change for her sake as well as the pack’s, but it was a harder struggle than he’d anticipated. Everything had changed, and yet nothing had.

He shrugged one-shouldered at her question. “Maybe the barn, dependin’ on how many we have,” he offered. “Most of the horses are free-roamin’, anyway. If we get a lot of sheep, might have to corral ’em, or just trust ’em not to wander off too far.” He realized that he was being somewhat useless with his chatter and slumped slightly in the saddle, letting go of the reins completely and glancing over at her thoughtfully.

mine sucks worse and i don't even care anymore

table by raze; pattern by dinpattern

<style type="text/css">
.Sawne {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/99fME.gif') repeat; width:95%; min-width:500px; margin:10px auto; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000;}
.Sawne .SubTitle {text-align:center; color:#e2e0c7; font-size:20px; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 2px 2px 3px #000; font-family:georgia; line-height:15px;}
.Sawne .SubTitle2 {text-align:center; color:#e2e0c7; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px #000; font-family:georgia; line-height:10px;}
.Sawne .Input {margin:10px 20px; background-color:#22221f; color:#ddddca; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.Sawne .Input b {color:#6e6c4f;}
.Sawne .Input t {font-style:italic; color:#6e6c4f;}
.Sawne .Input p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 10px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread