a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: OOC words here.

Zeitgeist still didn't get it. "But why? What is the point of separating into small groups rather than everyone living together? Why not have a centralized place where business is handled and then everyone live as families about that place? Why take the measures to separate yourself from the entire of the populace to live in a small space? Why not take the advantage to tame the wilderness? Why limit yourself in your interactions?" He just didn't see the practicality of packs. Sure, he could understand groups and such but he didn't understand why there wasn't more of a community. He had a group that he had run around with but they had lived in a commonplace with an assortment of others living about them. There wasn't such great distance where he had to spend days walking over such far distances to visit a neighbor. The way things were being handled here made no sense at all to him. The exact things she had listed off where things that had transpired where he had lived as part of a greater community.

"How would one have more sway than another? No one being runs a market. It is made up of a number of others. Whoever has something that they want to get rid of sell it in the market. They are only responsible over working out a deal for the item they are getting rid of and have no control over what someone else does with their wares." Her reasoning still didn't give him any insight into a sound reason not to have a market. It was just like hawking your wares to everyone else for a trade except for you taking your things to them they come to you in the market to get what it was that they desire. To Zeitgeist a market still sounded so much easier than what they were all doing currently. But perhaps that was only him.

"Two months?" Zeitgeist mused. It sounded reasonable enough to him. If he was correct it would move past spring and into summer which meant it would be in his possession before winter approached. "Are you certain you are allowing yourself enough time to take care of something for the each of us? I certainly wouldn't a rush job that would fall apart the first time it is placed on, especially with the time you are giving it would not receive any hard use for a few months. I'm not impatient and willing to wait for such a large order. If you find yourself then simply concern yourself with making certain something for the boy and the bird are done before it turns cold." Zeitgeist was willing to wait on his own if it wouldn't be done in time. Just so long as his charges were taken care of first then he would be satisfied.

"Something like this?" Zeitgeist ran a hand over his own vest as the female brought up making something of the such for the bird. He supposed that would do since Ptolemy still needed to be able to fly and he could think of nothing else. He wasn't even certain if it would be needed or used but still he felt better just knowing that there would be something there just in case it could be used.

Zeitgeist shrugged his shoulders. "I've nothing with me now so I've got nothing to offer in advance. Since I will have to seek out something in the time in between meetings it is why I've given you the opportunity to name your own price. I can't say what would interest you. You name what you want, within reason of course, and I will be certain to acquire it." After all it wasn't like he was going to give up Guillotine or Ptolemy, nor any of the meager possessions that they had to survive off of. But anything new that he came up with then Zeitgeist would have no issue offering up in trade. "I will have to head back to Freetown and there I can nearly find whatever your heart should content itself with. If it is not there currently then I will make certain it is shipped." Of course if she wanted out of season then she would be out of luck until it came to be in season again. Even so he would make certain to put in the order for it and would have to headed back down to Freetown later whenever it came to be in season and could be shipped.

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread