a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Word Count → 616 :: ooc here

She was a little taken aback by the man’s questions about her traps, since no one had ever asked about them until then. It was either they never took up interest in her talk about them, or finding them useless when they could just go out and track, shoot, or claw at their prey instead of messing around with ropes and debris. “W-well, I wouldn’t say you acquire the trap itself, but more or less like acquiring the skills to make them. And, as for their success, they usually catch living things. Sometimes they snare by themselves, but most of the time they will catch rodents and the occasional bird.” She had not made a trap in the past few days, the thanks given to her budding archery skills. But, she added nonetheless, “I could show you a few, but we’d have to go somewhere more wooded, with plants and the sort. It’d be hard to make anything out here.”

Sparrow smiled as he nibbled on the berries, though her smile did not remain long on her face as she talked about Salsola. In honesty, not many, if not all, Inferni coyotes liked the thistle kingdom, but they were on good terms from common enemies. It was an odd alliance, but the woman guessed it was better than having tension on both sides of the territory, so to speak.

She frowned even further as Zeitgeist softly commented about the slaves, and tried not to take his words to heart. As she curled her legs up to her chest, she murmured, “I guess they would be no good at all… It’s just, they are not asked if they want to serve. They are just taken, forced to become Luperci, and then labeled as cattle.” She thought that he would agree with her, seeing how he had Guillotine. But, he saw the slavery through different eyes, ones that Sparrow found cold. She did not want to talk about the subject even further, not wanting her opinion of the dog to dwindle over… things that were out of her hands, sadly enough, she thought spitefully to herself.

Again, she was lost for words as Zeitgeist pointed out another reason that could be justiciable. Still, she found the thorn king’s persona hardly respectable, but this was coming from a woman who dealt with such beings before and had a bad history with them. “It would be nice if he would act a bit more honorable though,” she commented, sighing through her nose and resting her chin on her knees. “Anyway, I heard that he came from the mountains, Anathema. But, that was just before he formed Salsola, and though he was born here in Nova Scotia, wasn’t always in that pack. I heard that he came from someplace else, from over the big water.” It did not bother her to share this information, finding it otherwise unimportant.

“I actually don’t know anything much about that pack—it’s more south than I would ever usually travel, being filled with wolves and nary a coyote at times. Some people call it the Court, though, so you could ask some other person about it by that name if you want to know more about it.” She paused, thinking over her words. “I’m from Inferni, the clan that only lets coyotes join. I guess you can say we’re wary of those of are not in the pack itself, but, some of us are willing to have a friendly chat with those not of ‘yote blood instead of turning the other nose. We just had a recent… disagreement with some wolves. Even though it’s all settled, I wouldn’t recommend straying too close to our borders.”

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread