a peddler's smile, a swindler's lie
[html]

Word Count → 589 :: ooc here

“Honestly, there isn’t anything else I want. Consider it a gift between two friends.” Sparrow saw Zeitgeist as a good acquaintance, at least, since they had made a successful trade and shared a meal, and giving their relationship such a label might make it stronger between the two. While she did not want to interfere with canines outside of Inferni, the man had stated to be a good trader, and thought that perhaps after their first trade, they could instigate more whenever he needed her service again, whatever it may have been for. Having an acquaintance with such skills and means that could acquire resources, it was one that should be kept close.

The woman thought about his question for a bit. Being a wanderer, never staying in one place for too long, and by herself, she never needed to catch anything more than a quick meal that would get her through the day. Because of that, she never attempted to trap anything bigger than a large rodent or bird, but was certain that it was possible. “I think I may know a way to catch something big. I would believe the rope I have is thick enough to hold anything without breaking, but you’d probably have to be careful—whatever prey you catch may still be alive, and a trapped animal is the most dangerous thing you can tangle with when hunting.” She should know, having been kicked, sliced, and bit by so many creatures that knew that their time was up.

She regarded the man once more as he spoke of his riches, but did not understand what he meant. She underestimated his meaning of wealth, and imagined one being wealthy as having much territory and a leading a pack. For instance, her Aquila and Sirius were wealthy men, leaders of their packs and owning rich lands that they had control over. Baubles and gold were worth nothing to the woman, nothing that glitters and shines would help you live another day unless it caught prey for you. Why be rich when you were dead, right? As she thought the frivolous thing over, she was caught by surprise when Z seemed to be more interested in the Boss. “Yeah, I said Sirius… I guess he could be considered beautiful, and he does have brown fur.” The man was a looker, but he fawned over his own being too much for her to even fancy his appearance. “He is a Revlis man—wait, don’t tell me… you actually know him?” For a moment, she was being to doubt if she should have told him her thoughts about the dark man, but managed to hide her concern.

Again, Zeitgeist proved another point. Some of the slaves Salsola kept could have only been those punished, but she favored the rumors, nonetheless. She turned her head to the man when he spoke his concern, and was taken aback. “Of course, no! Inferni doesn’t make everyone believe that anyone whom isn’t a coyote shouldn’t be talked to; more or less, we’re free to do what we want with anyone we want as long as it doesn’t get the clan in trouble. I don’t see why they would turn against me if I trade with a dog, since they trade with the other wolf packs and are at rather neutral with them. They just don’t like anyone sneaking around our borders or attacking our members—more likely than not, it’s mainly the wolf’s fault for the fight if it’s on our own land.”

<style>
.sparraze3-box {float:right;}
.sparraze3 .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Averia Gruesa Libre'; text-align:center; line-height:23px; padding:0px 5px 10px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.sparraze3 {font-family:trebuchet ms, serif; font-size:13px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; letter-spacing:.5px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zf6Re.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 200px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.sparraze3 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.sparraze3 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.sparraze3 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread