[M] make your mother sigh
[html]

(--)

Eris is by Kiri, a gift from Sylvey!

Oh, it's very easy. The hybrid bent forward to inspect the newest mark and pressed her hand against it, regarding her daughter with a smile. Eris thought she knew all the secrets of the world -- and why should she not? Her image depended on others understanding this very thing, that she had the connection to the otherworld, and did understand things that others did not. You make your own truth, my dearest. Did all need agree on truth in order to validate it? Eris thought not: in her estimation, truth was as malleable and changing as morality, different from one canine to the next.

I learned all I could learn in Eterne. Did they know all? No, of course not. But they had some truths. I took these truths that I understood to be true, as I took truths from other places and things, too. Eris lifted her hand from the cut and inspected, and then bent to make the next one, positioning the knife. Her hands were steady and she did not flinch with this cutting ritual, even at her own daughter's flesh. The knife made its sliding motion. Your truth may be different from mine, but are either less true? She shrugged.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread