grasped so delicate by one's eye
[html]
[/html]Jaden seemed quite sad to hear of the news of the raid. She could only assume that it had failed, since there was no evidence to the contrary. Vesper had quoted her encounter as being worse than failure and Tayui had been lost in the Bay of Fundy. When she returned, Salsola was still there and she had to spend days recovering from her wounds. She had fared better than Jaden, which struck her as a sort of cruel irony. He was the warrior and she was not. Why had he been the one to sustain worse injuries? Even Eris’ flailing ineptitude did some damage, but apparently it wasn’t enough to give her a lasting wound.

“Good,” she replied, glad to hear that he would not permit such disgusting actions. She felt a twinge of guilt knowing that she had once been a member of Salsola: a truly godless place, as the humans might say. “Thank you,” she added. “That’s very kind of you. I’m afraid I have nothing to offer in return, though. I don’t lead a pack anymore and I own few things. You’ll have to make do with my heartfelt thanks,” she added. She was quite certain that she might have even grinned. [html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread