minds made up
[html]
12.05.12 . 2.30pm . dampwoods . optime form

He had to admit, he was going to miss the Dampwoods, when they decided to move. Although they were vast, there was a certain sense of home within and Saul allowed his mind to wander around him. Eirias was happy perched on his back, his large bulk weighing down on Saul's back but not enough to be uncomfortable. Still, the rocking motion of Saul's body caused Eir to remain in a state of balance, wings outstretched above his head, tilting this way and that whenever Saul moved. It had been the birds choice to land there and in fairness, his back was stabler than his shoulder. Soon, they would be moving again and Saul hoped that Eirias wouldn't disappear for a week before reappearing once again. He'd been worried about his bird in that absence, although there had been little he could do about it. His bird had come back eventually and the two had begun to build on their bond.

It was Eir who turned first, a soft cry of warning causing Saul to pause. He turned, a little awkwardly with the large falcon on his back. Green eyes collided with a dark grey form, the smaller body of a pup close by. The smile on the mans face was a good enough indicator that he wasn't a threat and Saul relaxed as the two came to a stop in front of him. The opposing male was the first to talk, declaring that they knew each other and Saul nodded softly. He knew the man was familiar, that he'd met him before. A brief flash of the Cobequid Foothills came to him and he remembered the mans name.

Niro? I remember you. He said softly, a grin spreading over his lips. He didn't know the man well, but he was pleased to see him still around. How are you? I haven't seen you around. He stated, knowing that he'd taken off in October to find Siku and Gideon. Niro might have been around then. Green eyes flickered to the dusky shaded pup at his side. And who is this? He asked, a friendly smile on his face. Eirias remained alert as ever, dark eyes spotting the slightly larger form of Niro's bird high in a tree. He gave a soft coo, a sound Saul had come to understand as a curious question. The dark bird looked a little unfriendly, so he turned to look at Eirias for a moment. Stay He commanded softly, waiting to see what would happen with this meeting.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
423+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread