Chance meetings
[html]
Never mind about time, I gots plenty of it. Nier's gonna get all spazzy over Marahute, he loves animals. 359 words

Niers head shot up, Ciaran draped over his muzzle, as he heard the voice. His tan ears pointed forwards and his cyan eyes were wide, he had been so wrapped up in his play and his comfort in the area that he forgot others often wandered here. He hadn't realised he was holding his breath until Ciaran mewled at him, telling the young Stormbringer to take a breath. He gasped in air and let his tongue loll out comically, his blue orbs flitting over the tall canines form, finally coming to rest on the beautiful bird perched on his shoulder. He stood quickly, his momentum causing Ciaran to slide off of his muzzle and to the floor.

Nier grinned foolishly and offered a paw to the strange, but oddly familiar man, "Excellent day to play, weathers just right. Niernan Stormbringer by the way, and this is Ciaran." He said jubilantly, his Irish lilt playing with the words as they left his mouth. "And sometimes a bit of play is needed to please the soul." He smiled at his cat companion as the dark tabby kitten leapt onto his shoulder, mirroring the other man and his eagle, but quite a bit smaller.

Niers cerulean eyes couldn't help moving back to the bird on the mans shoulder, he appreciated the beauty of the bird, wishing he had his sketching things with him, but he had left them in his hut back at camp. "May I say your bird is a beauty, have you had her long? She sits so well, my cousins falcon is more like to maul the man than sit quietly. But then I suppose Eirias is still new to it all, and not yet settled." His simple question trailed off into reverie as his mind wandered freely, his freedom from tension having come from his short play session with Ciaran. He knew it would take him a while to get his thoughts back in order, but he didn't want to go back to the dark place those thoughts took him to. For the moment he was happy to live in the moment and take what this situation gave him.

<style type="text/css">
.nscross b {font-weight:bold; color:#2a5c9b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a3b9d1; }
.nscross p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nscross {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 266e17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a5c9b; padding: 440px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.nscross p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nscross p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread