Chance meetings
[html]
=).373 words

Cyan eyes looked to the skies for a moment as he thought back to his meeting with Jiva, he couldn't quite grasp the name, stuttering over the word, Toby? Tony? It began with a T. That much I remember. He paused for a moment, tapping his chin with one calloused finger, before suddenly letting out a grunt of recognition, Tobias. I think he said the bird was called Tobias. Beautiful bird too, although he didn't seem all that interested in it. Nier smiled at Niro, A fine boy though. He's got his head screwed on right.

Nier listened with great interest at Niro's knowledge of the area and the birds. He would always want to know where animals resided as he could use it for his sketching, knowing where they lived saved him from searching the entire forest. he mentally catalogued where Niro pointed, and was amazed that he would be brave enough to take eggs from an eagle nest, even for free food. His eyes flicked back to Marahute, but he could see that males might forget their eggs briefly for her, he was sure the males went crazy over her. Low Speech is always useful, Ciaran has taught me a little. I know enough to call his name and I know some basic words and phrases.

He felt Ciarans tail curl up and around the back of his neck, settling around his shoulders like a scarf, he smiled at the cat. He felt a little emotional, and still quite a bit guilty about Ciarans disappearance. It had taken a search by him and the strange Turkish wolf Levent, and his cat Wilson, to find Ciaran. True his little tabby kitten hadn't taken much persuading but it had still been a conversation he hadn't thought he'd ever have to have with the cat. Niro's question snapped Nier out of his reverie, he grinned at Niro, Sure he does, our deal was that he would teach me Low if I taught him High. He knows enough to say his name, my name, and a couple of other essential phrases. At that, Ciaran meowed a very clear "Hello, I am Ciaran." Causing Nier to give him a proud smile, the cat responding with a smug look.

<style type="text/css">
.nscross b {font-weight:bold; color:#2a5c9b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a3b9d1; }
.nscross p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nscross {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 266e17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a5c9b; padding: 440px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.nscross p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nscross p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread