Chance meetings
[html]
Sorry for the wait. muse had to be dragged kicking and screaming. Also sorry for crappost. 297 words.

The pride in Niro's voice and posture was evident to the black and tan wolf, it was almost tangible, and caused Niernan to smile back at the other man. Nier appreciated the attention that Niro gave to Ciaran. He was aware that many people overlooked his feline companion, dismissing him as a lower being, so it was nice that Niro took the time. Even though Ciaran, always a shy kitten when around others, re-buried his face in Niernans short mane of black hair. Nier smiled apologetically, explaining He's a wee bit shy.

Niers apologetic smile spread into a grin at Niro's question, He had spotted the abundance of berry bushes in the area a while ago, when he had scouted the area around the camp, but to be perfecty honest he had completely forgotten about them. He looked to the sky, gave Ciaran a soft stroke and then looked back down. Ah, I was clearing me head with a run and Ciaran decided to join. Big things are happening in my life and a little play time is exactly what I needed. He looked around the grassed clearing, noticing a couple of promising looking bushes around the edges and at least one tree that looked like it might bear fruit of some kind. Although the selection of wild foods, other than meat of course, is quite broad around here. Thinking about it I might just have a forage on my way home.

At the thought of food his stomach started to rumble audibly and he was made very aware that he had not eaten since breakfast that morning, his mind turned back to the camp then and he thought that he may have to be getting back soon, no matter how much he enjoyed talking to the fascinating Niro.

<style type="text/css">
.nscross b {font-weight:bold; color:#2a5c9b; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #a3b9d1; }
.nscross p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.nscross {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 266e17.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2a5c9b; padding: 440px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.nscross p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.nscross p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread