Primal Battle
[html]

WC: 350

As Ciara walked into the clearing she studied the scene before her. An amused glint lit her eyes when she noticed the claw and fang marks along the log before the similarly coloured wolf before her. When he dipped his head down in an appropriate gesture Ciara answered with a swish of her tail. Normally she would have moved closer to give the pack brother a lick or an affectionate nudge, but she was on thin ice already with Augustus and still in heat. She didn’t want to give her mate any reason to be angry with her, or with any of the other males in the pack. He already had the issue with Zalen, the insolence of Shadowfang and the snide remarks from Cerberus to deal with.

The golden female had to hold back a sigh. She wanted her mate to have a few male friends, people he could vent his frustrations with without hurting them. While she would gladly spar with her mate, she knew he wouldn’t be inclined to do so with her. She was an Epsilon, yes, but she was a female and smaller than him, especially since he was bigger than almost any of the other males in the pack. He was certainly larger than the wolf that crouched before her. This male was more her own species of wolf, and her tail swished a little more when she realized this.

“Hello,” she started softly. “I’m Ciara. I think you killed the log.” Her voice was light and teasing, and her eyes glanced down to the marks on the wood again. “We need more defenders. Last month Augustus and I went to take out a cougar on our own.” Her eyes darkened as she thought of that bloody battle. Her side still held a dull pain after a long day’s run, a reminder of the feline’s claws digging into her flesh. “I’m one of the Epsilons here. I’ve had to fight the cougar and I’ve fended off a few lynx, but I’ve never had to fight another wolf.” She sat back on her haunches then, curling her tail around herself to mask her dwindling heat-scent. It was the last day of her cycle, she was sure, but the scent was still detectible.

“Have you?”

<style>
.coc-sdb02 {width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.coc-sdb02 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px; margin:-20px 0px 0px 0px; }
.coc-sdb02 p {padding:10px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.coc-sdb02 b {color:#98c1cf; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.coc-sdb02 .inner {background-color:#0f1110; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color: #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#535d66; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:272px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; width:398px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread