Silence Becomes You
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → ~400

For one reason or another, Zeitgeist kept on insisting that he repay Kiara for her efforts and used it as an excuse to refuse her generous offer. Although she could understand the desire for him to help his family and not rely on the strength of others, it was help that he needed most. If he couldn't hunt, then he couldn't feed the quiet puppy, himself, or his bird. Sapphire eyes rolled in their dark hallows as she turned around to walk off. He could follow her or not, either way she needed to hunt. Her puppies required food, although she herself didn't require anything. As an arctic wolf, Kaira could work without food for a few days. Life in the north was hard and her kind had evolved to be perfectly suited to the harsh tundra.

Soft footsteps followed Kiara as she moved through the city. Occasionally, the white female would look back to see if they were still following her. Thankfully, the strange trio kept their distance so that Kiara could hunt in peace. However, she became annoyed when Zeitgeist insisted on paying her again. What the huntress really wanted was help taking down one of the fat pigs, however she knew that would be impossible. Kiara turned around and whispered, "I want quiet while I hunt. I don't need anything else. I'm not like you luperci. I don't need human items." A slight pain stung Kiara's chest as she mentioned her inability to shift. In her mind, she wasn't telling the whole truth. Kiara had been told that she would have her first shift in two months, not realizing that she was immune to the virus and that she really should have shifted shortly after her infection.

With her point made, the snowy female turned around and scanned the pigs before her. She searched through their moving bodies, trying to find a weakness in them. Giving up, the huntress emerged from the shadows and charged the pigs. Startled, they squealed and ran from her. Her instincts took over as she dashed through the over-grown garden. Powerful muscles moved in perfect harmony despite her many scars. One particular pig caught her eye. It was large and fat, but it ran with a limp that was previously unnoticeable. The pigs hind legs didn't stretch out completely, evidence of an old injury that never healed correctly.

Within seconds Kaira had honed in on the pig and expertly divided it from the group. The hog continued to run, the scent of fear spilling from its body. Kiara was able to catch up to the pig and was soon running side by side with her prey. She turned suddenly, her jaws aiming for its neck and used both her powerful bite and condensed body to bring the pig to the ground. The boar kicked and squealed as the wolf held it down to the earth. It managed to escape her grasp, but the pig was bleeding profusely and was soon caught again by the she wolf. Even so, it continued to struggle and Kiara growled as she fought to keep the dying pig down.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread