Silence Becomes You
[html]

stink post, sorry

Word Count → 452

As the young mother worked to take down her prey she couldn't help but feel that the dogs were useless. If Kiara had been with her pack, she could have taken the pig down without much trouble. The fact that the snowy wolf could take down a pig on her own was a testimony to her hunting skills. How could Zeitgeist not know how to hunt? It was ridiculous. What kind of place was he raised in if his parents hadn't taught the male how to fend for himself? How cruel could his pack have been to withhold such vital skills from the mottled dog? Pity welled up in the female's chest as her prey finally dropped to the ground. Without the ability to hunt, both of the dogs were doomed to starve.

Kiara had assumed that they would join in on the feast as soon as the pig had dropped as most did. Yet, the dogs just stood there and looked on. Confusion wracked the snowy female's mind, but hunger and the need to return to her den drove the female to start without them. She bit into the carcass ferociously, and looked up as the first bite was swallowed. To her surprise, Zeitgeist and Guillotine began to walk away. Kiara was about to call out to them when Zeitgeist's voice drifted towards her. His words burned her ears and anger fought to consume her mind. Of all the rude things! Kiara snarled and jumped over the carcass, surging towards the two males. She wasn't going to take that insult lying down. Kiara ran past them and swerved around to face them. The female's heckles raised, her lips pulled back to reveal a row of sharp teeth, and red blood stained her maw.

"Who do you think you are? Not only do I graciously offer to give you part of my kill, but you try to force some strange payment down my throat only to leave without eating and insulting me all the way. I didn't have to go after something as dangerous as a pig; I could have been fine with rats. I risked my neck to get a pig so the least you and Guillotine could do is eat. By the moon, if I had known you would be so rude I wouldn't have bothered." Kiara knew that getting mad at such a helpless individual wasn't fair. He was like a puppy and she should have expected such a reaction. Even so, to be accused of killing for sport was something Kiara couldn't stand. It was an insult to her as a hunter and as a wolf. He had practically accused the arctic female of acting like a human.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread