Out of Focus
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ecrets.png); background-color:#C77133; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 400px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The scent of a dog was not one she had gotten used to here. A bit of it clung to the young duo’s coats that she cared for, but being around her and drenched in her scent, they smelled more wolf than with any inkling to their other genetic trait. A status of circumstance, nothing more. So as she breathed in with the male’s scent filtering into her nostrils, her acute receptor wiggled and sniffed now and again until the scent became more familiar with every breath and her measured inhales resumed to normal.

When he spoke of another she followed his gaze to the cabin and her nose produced a wiggle of a different kind; one of disdain for the human structure, too sharp and angled for her liking. Though the earth attempted to claim the structure for itself, it still lacked the natural organic form that appealed to her eyes, and rather than a victim of Nature’s overtaking, it stuck out of the foliage as a defiant beacon. She had to look away before her disgust of the thing betrayed her…

“Ocean?” she inquired off-handed until the interest at last raised her brows. She was familiar intimately with a lake and the sea, but ocean? She had heard of it, but never pondered what its distance was like. It ‘felt’ like quite a ways… but who truly knew but those that had seen this distance for themselves? But just as quickly her curiosity was reformed into an assuring, albeit small, smile as he referred to the lodgings. “Oh no…” she shook her head before gesturing with her muzzle to the path from whence she came. “I live with my Family under the shadow of the mountain. Those kinds of dwellings-“ she flicked her muzzle to the cabin “-are unnatural and strange to me. Our homes are made of what the earth provides…”

314 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread