Out of Focus
[html]

Leave me bleeding on the bed, see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.Keep this scene inside your head, as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down..

Word Count → ### :: OOC words here.

After their differing views, combined with her seeming wariness previously, he was quite surprised by her offer. He bowed his head graciously at the prospect. "Grazie, thank you for your generous offer. Most certainly I can't take from you or your family without some form of repayment. Name whatever it is that your heart desires and I will see if I can't end up obtaining it." While the dog had no problem stealing from the unwitting he simply couldn't find himself to treat someone who offered what they had the same way. No, he found that he had to meet offers with repayment. Back overseas he didn't often have to worry about this. There weren't many there that he found willing to share. But over on this side of the ocean he found himself promising repayment quite often. He didn't know what it was with those on this side of the world that made them willing to part with what they had or whatever services could be provided.

Zeitgeist lifted his head slowly in order to look at the female once more, taking the time to actually study her. "You are correct, food has been hard to find. It is not obtained here in the same fashion that I am used to. Survival is quite different on this side of the world. I admit I must brush up on some neglected skills if I am determined to stay on in this side of the world." Right now food was definitely among the top of possessions that Zeitgeist could think of acquiring. A cache somewhere would be quite nice. But then he hadn't even thought of settling in a particular area just yet. Instead he simply found himself resting wherever he was whenever he got too tired to continue on for the day. Or well it was actually when Guillotine found himself unable to continue would they stop so that the boy could rest.

The dog turned his head back towards the cabin as he heard the sounds of frantic movement scurrying about inside. He gave a short, sharp bark in order to alert the boy of his whereabouts. "Seems that he is awake now and I may have to take you up on your offer sooner than I had previously expected. I assure you that I would only ever take enough to feed the boy. I can pick over the remains of whatever carcass I come across." Even though he was speaking to the woman the dog still found himself staring at the cabin. He was waiting for the door to open and to watch Guillotine emerge from it in order to make certain that all was fine. Zeitgeist didn't relax the tenseness that had suddenly overcame him at the sound of movement in the cabin until Guillotine had exited and made his way to be at Zeitgeist's side once more.

Z slipped his arm around Guillotine and held the boy close to him. He gave the smaller male a brief, yet affectionate, nuzzle before focusing on the female once more. "Guillotine, this is... Pardon me, it appears that I had forgotten to acquire your name earlier." They had been so caught up in the talk of other things Zeitgeist didn't realize that he hadn't a name with which to refer to the female until that moment. "Oh, and this would be Ptolemy." Zeitgeist motioned to the bird that Guillotine had carried over in his hands. "And I'm Zeitgeist."

And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow, wearing a frown,
like pierrot the clown.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... e+A+Sister);
.zz-01-cai {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:left; margin:0px 25px; width:80%;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zz-01-cai p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.zz-01-cai b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.zz-01-cai .name {text-align:center; font-family:Alegreya SC; font-size:65px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; line-height:55px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.zz-01-cai .lyrics {color:#5a745d; text-align:center; font-family:Love Ya Like A Sister; font-size:24px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#757677 1px 1px 1px;}
.zz-01-cai { background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... /CCeAx.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread