bracing for impact
[html]
i figure we can play this out a bit just for moar posts 8D hope this is okay with you.. i know we didn't really talk about how i'd start this. Tongue

Maggie, he mumbled softly, rolling over to face as the light began to peek in through the cracks in the ruined roof. They had set this day aside for an adventure. Truth be told, they'd embarked on more of an adventure than Denver had ever planned for. Pale blues traced her shape through the blankets, stopping at the curve of her stomach. Soon it'll be even more round, he thought, but it wasn't so pleasant. He'd wanted kids one day, sure, but he didn't feel ready now, and the idea still made him nervous as all hell. Gently, he took hold of one of her shoulders, shaking her lightly awake. C'mon, we got stuff to do today, don't forget, he reminded her, sitting up with a stretch and a yawn, blinking groggily down at her.

Their home was nowhere near child-proof; as he glanced around, he noticed the bottles of liquor atop one shelf, easily reachable for a mischievous pup whose parents looked away for a moment. Cursing, he shoved the covers aside and stood up. He'd slept in plaid navy boxers, but began to dress quickly once he stood, reaching for pants and a t-shirt, today. The Confidant didn't want to chance his nicer clothes getting harmed in the lesser known territory, where things were dangerous and dirty, covered with dust and who knew what else. He shuddered at the thought, remembering encounters with spiders and snakes and the like last time. But Denver's blades were sharper this time, and nothing would harm his love.

<style type="text/css">
.detou b {font-weight:bold; color:#d7b688; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1a1206; }
.detou p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.detou {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#624838; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/remzC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b28c7f; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.detou p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.detou p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread