bracing for impact
[html]
psshhh i am so lazy with that stuff.. >< i always say i wanna go all out for my characters and their profiles, but i never do. *sigh* also... lol at this post.

---

a dog among kings with no self control

Denver watched Maggie closely as she slid down from the horse's back. One wrong move and the horse could kick her right in the stomach, or she could fall and crush the babies inside of her. "Careful, Maggie," he voiced nervously, only looking away once she landed safely.

They were surrounded by buildings, mostly decrepit things that he wouldn't trust to stay in even for a night. But they held things that the soon-to-be parents desperately needed. Something for them to sleep in, he thought, knowing he once knew the word. "A cradle," he said, starting forward as he spoke, "I'm sure we can find something here. C'mon, let's just start lookin', I guess."

He made sure to move slowly so that Maggie wouldn't strain, but he hurried into the first building before her, making sure it was safe as he entered. The door had been ripped away, resting against a wall, paint flaking down it's face. The room was dusty, but the windows had long been smashed, letting light pour into the abandoned room. It had been a house, he assessed as he moved carefully through. The debris was thin, but the dirt and grime was thick.

The Confidant had only gotten a few paces into the home when he stopped, his sinuses suddenly flaring. The pale mutt sneezed once, twice, and three times. Dazed, he shook his head, backing up out of the house and into the clean air. "Too much dust, I can't--", he sneezed again, "I can't go in there... Look around real quick 'n see if there's anything good. Somethin' not too dusty..." Denver sighed and took a grateful breath of the open air, rubbing his pink nose dejectedly.

<style>
.denver {font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:-.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.denver .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/B8z1q.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.denver .ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.denver .tagline {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px 5px 0px; }
.denver .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1.5px; }
.denver .tagline em { letter-spacing:1.5px; word-spacing:-.5px;}
.denver .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.denver p {text-indent: 45px; margin:0px; padding:5px 15px;}
.denver b { letter-spacing:.05em;}
.denver u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread