The killer in me is the killer in you
[html]

WC:

A light "whoo whooo" sound from the brush behind her made her turn her head slightly, jade eyes sweeping up the rocks and toward the treeline before closing once more. Her companion, Ta'Tuq, sat lightly upon one of the branches, a brown and white pattern that was nearly indistinguishable from the backdrop of bark and leaves. He would warn her whenever anyone came near, and fly to her if he perceived the canine to be a threat. The barn owl had not moved from its perch. Her companion was normally with her, though Naniko only occasionally noted his presence. He was very quiet and enjoyed to stay hidden, if he could.

The sound of footfalls behind her did not set off any alarm bells, and she waited with her eyes closed for the other to speak. She placed a lot of trust in Ta'Tuq and his judgement - he must have seen her conversing with this canine in the past, from his vantage point in the trees. A voice brought her out of her thoughts, and she rose and opened her eyes in one movement. Naniko gave the smallest of yawns, shaking her pelt a little to rid it of loose gravel and specks of dirt. "It's all I could have ever asked for in life. I led two other packs in the past, but it wasn't the same as being here. This territory has the best of all worlds. A beach, for fishing larger sea creatures..mountains and the caves for shelter...a forest, creeks. Every day I notice something new and different about it, it seems"

She had a passion for the territory, as well as for the members of the pack. They pulled together when things got tough and stood up for one another when it was necessary. She tried to keep that from happening as much as possible, though, with her system of rules and punishments. A punishment might make a member think twice before causing trouble outside of the lands, trouble that might bring an angry alpha to Anathema's borders. She had enough to worry about without all of the drama. "You're..settling in, then?" She turned to look at him now, the question lingering in the air.

<style>
.AnaFK-07 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-07 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread