hold on just a little while longer
[html]
Anyone and everyone is welcome. I hope this to be a pack thread with everyone relaxing and having fun! ((Tal's song is Carrikfergus.))

He had set up a camp fire and tables further back, calling on memories of the gathering where he had danced with his woman while her former suitor had watched with envy. On the tables he had set little snacks, some jerky, some wines, some fruits. A haunch of deer roasted over the fire, filling the center of Thornbury with the delicious smells. The scent of cheese mixed in with the sweeter scents of different meats. He surveyed the table critically, then reached into the last bag and laid out his hand made pemmican with shredded venison and different berries.

For a moment, he hesitated. What if no one wanted to come? He lifted his head back after a moment, the wavering alto of his son's voice joining his. After a moment, a rustling followed by a laugh came to him. Myrddin's brown tipped ears shot up, and he dashed forward to jump up, affectionately greeting Auntie Rosie. The woman's eyes surveyed the set up, then tipped him a sage wink. "Looks good. If Myrddin here gets sleepy, I'll take him back with me." Tal grinned crookedly at her. "Thanks, auntie Rosie."

She waved her hand dismissively as she knelt to shower the young boy with affection. Tal found himself wandering, waiting to see who would arrive. A tune came to him -a song his mother had sang sometimes- and he let it wind through him. It started slow and soft, his voice somewhat melancholy when he began to sing along. "I wish I was in Carrickfergus, only for nights in Ballygrand. I would swim over the deepest ocean, the deepest ocean for my love to find. But the sea is wide, and I can not swin o'er. And neither have I wings to fly... If I could find me a handsome boater to ferry me over to my love, and die." He sang the song through, even when Auntie Rosie's voice sang the harmony with him. Perhaps others joined in, he didn't quite notice. The song seemed fitting for him somehow, just as other songs that his mother had sang had fit once.

"

<style type="text/css">
.Tdandi b {font-weight:bold; color:#15152f;}
.Tdandi p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Tdandi {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nYnRK.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 260px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312840; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]

Messages In This Thread