One Sunny Morning
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/ ... utable.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#bebfc8; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 415px;">

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count:394

A luperci's first shift was a great milestone in their lives and a time to celebrate. The virus that had been created by humans had caused many canines to evolve and thus set them apart from those bound on four legs. It didn't necessarily make the luperci better than the uninfected; it simply gave the shifters an advantage. Hotaru remembered her first shift fondly. Her first shift had been in the middle of winter and thus allowed her to participate in her first snowball fight. There had been a feast a few days later to celebrate Hotaru's entrance into the luperci world. It was a very precious and happy memory for her, although she rarely thought about her past. The tragedy that hit her later in life had cast a shadow over her memories.

Dalgina was quick to accept Hotaru's gift and soon the smell of fresh blood filled the air. Once again, the blind female found herself wishing that her eyes had worked so that she could see Dalgina's new form. However, fate was not so kind and Hotaru had to accept that. She simply stood with her tail swinging slowly from side to side as Dalgina ate. "Dalgina, what has your mother or father told you about shifting?" There were many things young luperci needed to know about shifting and Hotaru believed that they should be taught to puppies immediately after they begin to shift lest they get themselves into trouble.

Before the loss of her birth pack, Hotaru had been trained in fighting with staves and spears. She believed that it was a valuable lesson for any young luperci to know. Learning the art of staves was especially important because they were an easy weapon to find and use. Dalgina sounded eager to learn about staves, although Hotaru wondered if she knew their uses. "A staff is an important tool, especially for me as you already know. However, your use for the staff will be a little different from mine." The older females hands cradled her wooden staff delicately. It's length was decorated with carvings, simple but elegant. Her staff was no weapon.

"Perhaps you should get used to your new body first. I'm sure Tehu has missed you and now that you have hands you can begin working with him as well. Which would you prefer to do Dalgina?"

Table by Chazza

[/html]

Messages In This Thread