One Sunny Morning
[html]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/ ... utable.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; background-color:#bebfc8; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right:15px; padding-top: 415px;">

Talk! Think! Walk!

Word Count:300?

Dalgina remained one step behind Hotaru as they moved through Thornbury. Instincts were a powerful thing and a large drive for the wolves. Dalinga used her instincts to get used to her new forms while Hotaru's put hers to good use for traveling and hunting in the dark. Once inside the house, the younger female signaled to Tehu who responded immediately to his owner's commands. However, the kestrel was still too young to fly and simply glided to the floor where he landed with a thump. The fledgeling chirped to the blind female in low speech, expressing his happiness about his "special guest" visiting him. Hotaru shook her head, figuring Dalgina would quickly set the birds mind right.

While Dalgina and Tehu were bonding, the grey wolf took the time to reaffirm her connection with Fawkes. She gently stroked his breast, his soft feather's bending slightly beneath the luperci's fingers. Kelia sat in her makeshift nest and grumbled in low speech. She wasn't happy that Fawkes was giving his attention to Hotaru. Once their greetings were done, Hotaru placed Fawkes on the dresser and removed from one of it's drawers some dried meat she kept for a rainy day.

The blind female turned and walked several paces away from the dresser before she stopped and did a 180 so that she faced Fawkes.

Once in place Hotaru put a tiny chunk of the meat into her left hand and raised her arm so that it was parallel to the ground. Pursing her lips, she let out a whistle similar to the one Dalgina used. Fawkes, who knew the drill, took flight and landed on her arm with only a few beats of his wings. The red-tailed hawk bent his great neck and gobbled down his treat. With a slight lift of her arm, Fawkes returned to the dresser where he was bombarded by questions from Kelia. Hotaru lowered her arm and turned her attention back to Dalgina. "Because Tehu is starting to fly, this is an exorcise that I suggest you do with him. Not only will it help strengthen his wings, but it will help him learn to respect your authority and follow your commands. Think of him like a lower ranking member of your pack. I suggest you start out close to him, and as he gets stronger you can gradually increase the distance till he is flying several yards."

Table by Chazza

[/html]

Messages In This Thread