[M] She's standing in the heart of darkness...
[html]

OOC: Sorry for the wait! I hope this post makes up for it. <3 WC: 822

Ciara could feel the anger pouring from her mate as he stood over her while she picked at the food. She withered a little beneath his stare and began to eat in earnest. She knew why he was angry, and understood his worry and insecurity perfectly. The Epsilon had been weak under the strain of her mate’s displeasure, and the distance he kept between them. She could face a cougar, a family of bears, any challenge given to her by another wolf, but against him she was defenceless. His unhappiness wounded her like nothing else, but now that it was ending, she would quickly regain her strength and sheen.

She was pleased that the submissive kiss beneath his chin had its desired effect. Her heart swelled when his eyes softened, and she too felt a trembling overtake her for a moment when their eyes met. Her ears pricked forward when he relaxed, sensing that he was about to tell her what he’d been holding back all along. She sat back on her haunches, the meat forgotten, and turned her full attention on her mate. She looked him up and down first, taking in all of his features, and smiling at the realization that no matter what he told her, she would love him. If only she could make him realize the same.

Augustus spoke and informed her of his rough upbringing, and the tragic circumstances of his arrival in Nova Scotia. Ciara maintained her soft and welcoming expression, not wanting to discourage him with a frown. She listened to every word he told her, feeling her heart break a little when he spoke of his father and the cruel treatment he’d been dealt in his short life. She ached for the loss of her mate’s brother, wishing she’d been given the chance to meet the man, and that Augustus had been able to keep that companionship his whole life. He seemed so alone and sad sometimes, and she wondered if things had been different, would he be happier?

His comments of the Luperci did not worry her. She was Luperci, yes, but had only exercised the curse of shifting twice in her life. Truth be told, the concept was so foreign to her that she rarely thought of herself as Luperci, but fancied herself a true wolf like her husband. When his tale turned to that of the accused kinslaying and his pack’s betrayal of him she was unable to hold back the growl that split from her muzzle. These people were supposed to be his family, and yet they’d treated him this way? It sickened her. She took a step forward then and pushed her nose against his scruff, trying to comfort him even as he continued his tale. His words grew more and more painful to hear, but she knew it was nowhere near as painful as it must’ve been for him to experience it.

Finally his tale shifted to the present, to his insecurities, and doubt. She pulled back from his scruff and looked up, locking her earthen gaze with his fiery one. She’d never seen him looking so vulnerable, as though she could kill him with one word. Ciara wanted to whimper and nuzzle him, to assure him frantically that it was all alright, but that wasn’t what her mate needed right now. He needed calm, coherent assurance. He needed to know that, despite all his tragedies and scars, she wanted to be his. She wanted to take that chance.

We all have our pasts to cope with, she started. My own wasn’t devoid of pain. My father was a semi-present, always abusive evil man who tried to kill me and my mother countless times. I only came here because she died trying to bring me here, to get away from him. She knew that this discussion wasn’t about her, but she wanted him to know that her life had not been all songs and flowers. She knew pain, and she’d overcome it. I was angry for a long time, too, but then I learned that even though he’s my blood, I’m not him. You are not your father. I don’t know him, but from what I’ve heard and what I see in you, I just know. Just the fact that you worry about hurting me proves that you’re better, truer than him. Sure you might hurt me, love, but I might hurt you too. She smiled up at him, licking gently at his cheek. Love is taking that chance. I want to be here for you through everything, good or bad, painful or….pleasurable, she said with a blush. If I can be the one to make you happier, to soothe your anger, even just one day at a time then that’s what I want to do.

She sat back then, giving him a chance to consider her words and respond.

<style type="text/css">
.cia1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#a3c9b5; text-shadow:#0f2825 1px 1px 2px;}
.cia1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.cia1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BltD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.cia1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.cia1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.cia1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread