What I'd give to have my wings back
[html]

nooo worries Big Grin
Word Count » 299

sea upon shining sea

The sun warmed her back, lolling the hybrid into a semi-rest, maroon eyes closing dreamily as her head settled into her palms, the scent of the fresh sea salt so close. This place--It calmed the short woman in ways she hadn't imagined, slowly bringing Sel into a trance of contented sleep. Seabirds overhead whirled further down the beach, their cacophony of squalling reaching her large ears. But another bird chimed into that, Kaisa. Her crow swooped overhead, only to land on the stripe of black running down her back and small waist. Her head lifted, long black curls unfurling back over her shoulders and chest. "What's up bird?" Selene murmured softly, yawning. But as someone greeted her, a man of different colors and the base of a nice cream, Selene managed a meek smile and waved back.

It was nothing personal, and surely did she glance at the wild colors splashed about his body. In a way they were admirable. She couldn't have nice colors. Her pelt was simply to dark and her hair--Well, it's easy to say that black is the only color that would show up. "Hey." Selene called, long tail waving invitingly. The beach was great enough to share, and a little company wouldn't hurt a thing. A chuckle, both nervous and shy erupted from her thin muzzle, shaking her head "Nah. It's alright." This colorful stranger gave off no demeaning auras, relaxing the usually tense woman. Sitting up, she brushed her crow away, sending him whirling towards the clouds with an indignant squawk. Looking up at the cream visitor, Selene cocked her head to the side "Whoa. Your hair--It's so colorful! How'd ya do that? I like it." Awkwardly, she brought herself to her feet, not yet as tall as the other. "Sorry. I'm Selene."

<style>
.sel-road2hell {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px;  word-spacing:2px;  text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.sel-road2hell .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/smrcM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.sel-road2hell .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.sel-road2hell .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.sel-road2hell .tagline {font-family:'Over the Rainbow', arial, serif; font-size:18px; padding:55px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.sel-road2hell p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.sel-road2hell .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.sel-road2hell .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.sel-road2hell b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.sel-road2hell u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread