i thought i saw the sun rose in your eyes
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 385

With a ruffle of feathers, the magpie left the woman’s shoulders to rest on a tree as she approached the other. She knew that he was not one to partake in conversation with other canines that he did not know, still finding her sort to be untrusting; the only reason he had befriended her was that he saved her from his ultimate doom that was enteral ownership as a mere pet, and even then he did not plan to become any more than acquaintances with the coywolf. But, time worn on, and the two were as close as siblings, bickering as much as a sister and brother would over the most frivolous of things. She had sometime wished that he would be more sociable, but did not have a moment to complain as she became close enough to recognize the Cavalier.

Alyssum honestly had not been expecting that she would come across Jazper, and had to blink a few times in surprise. But, she pressed forward anything, a bit curious as to what he was doing on his own in the garden. It was a few moments later did he saw her as well, and thought she could have saw some sort of emotion on his face—panic? Frowning for a moment, she glanced behind her, but saw nothing out of the ordinary, just herself. But, she soon thought that he must have been doing something in secret, and wondered if she should walk away now. Again, curiosity got the best of her, and couldn’t help but smile as the tall man stuttered a little as he rose to his full height.

“Greetings, Jazper. I didn’t mean to disturb—“ the woman cut off as she saw a small shape come out from between his legs, and a second later realized it was a small owlet. “Oh, my goodness!” she half whispered, half squealed in surprise and endearment. Forgetting that she was in the presence of the Sole himself, she crouched down to the ground, one hand keeping her balanced while the other was held out to the barn owl. “Hey there, little fella,” she cooed, clicking her tongue like a bird would its beak in attempts to coax the creature closer to her both with soft words and comforting sounds of its own tongue.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread