Meet in the Barn
[html]

rambleramblealyssumramble

Word Count → 334

Her interest became perked at the mention of the few things he would craft. She wondered for a moment of herself making such items, but she came up as blank. Like, with the bowls; she doubted that she’d ever made a simple item as that, and the more she thought about it, she also wondered how one goes around making such things. The same with the furniture, houses, and cravings; all were foreign to her, but all the same, sounded quite useful and was glad to hear that the Cavaliers had a man with skills that were not as common as warriors.

“What kind of carvings do you make, and furniture?” she asked politely, and continued with one more question she had in mind, “Also, do you by chance make weapons? Nothing metal and complex, of course—particularly, arrows? I’m an archer myself, but I make the most awful arrows, and it would help if I could find someone to trade with to make me a dozen; the ones I have now a fine, but their points are getting dull and becoming small from all the sharping I do for them.”

Alyssum blinked in surprise as he mentioned his lack of battle finesse, and she her head at his words. “Well, now, we can’t have that. You must know at least a few moves yourself—what if you’re attacked, or our friends? You must know how to at least keep off the enemy… If you really don’t know how to fight, I’d be willing to teach you a few moves, easy ones that’ll help you out in the end.” She thought about it for a moment, and continued, “You could help out more around the pack if you knew a few moves yourself.” She hoped that her words would be enough to entice the man to learn; she was not one to force herself upon others, but was keen to coax others into what she wanted to do, being the stubborn coywolf she was.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread