we were free like water
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 338

It did not seem that her fall did not jolt just the two of them, and the figure above let out a sound to show that it was not expecting that either. Though the event scared her more than anyone else, Alyssum could not help but find her half-smiling at the yelp in amusement at the comedy of it all. Now feeling unthreatened, though the magpie that roosted by her side could say otherwise for himself, she looked above her at the large shape, now gaining a better look at it. It was rather canine in appearance, and came to the conclusion that it must have been a member of Casa. But, as she further investigated by scent, she discovered that the figure was female, and better yet, very young, which shocked her since neither trait matched with the example above her.

“Greeting, Adelle. My name’s Alyssum—sorry for climbing in your tree. If you want, I’ll get down. I was just looking for a place to sleep in the night, but I’m sure there are other fine trees to rest in.” With that, she slid off of the branch, being much more graceful than the fall she nearly took. Macbeth followed after her, being unusually silent as he stared cautiously at the young girl, finding his place on the woman’s shoulder. She opened her mouth to speak again, but before any words could come out, she heard the thuds of hooves, and her mare slowly came around the corner, just as tense as the bird. But, the horse relaxed as it seemed everything was all right, the magpie even going as far as to explain things to her, “Aly nearly fall. Dell scared Aly from tree.”

The hybrid snorted at his words, and said, a bit pouty, “She didn’t scare me… She just caught me off guard.” With that, the de Fonte looked back up at Adelle, and gave a somewhat embarrassed smile. “Anyway… What were you doing in the tree, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 220px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread