we were free like water
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 373

Alyssum glanced again at the palomino mare as Adelle pointed her out, and had to smile as she found her words true. “Yeah, Antebellum was bred well. Though, I’m not quite sure what she is—probably a mix of all sorts of horses from America. Nonetheless, she is a good horse.” The mare simply stared at the two females as they conversed about her, and went their talk seemed to be over, started to graze, pulling up mouthfuls of the greener patches of grass. The woman smirked at little at her coyness, and added, “She looks dense, but don’t let her fool you. She’s smarter than she looks.” A huff followed her words, but Antebellum continued to feed as if she did not notice her comment.

The tawny hybrid nodded in approval as Adelle spoke of her reason of being in the tree. It was logically enough; if it were not for Macbeth, she herself would climb more trees than her usual number to see what was ahead. Luckily, though, fate brought the magpie to her, and found no need to scour up trees than what she needed to do. Her own question came to no surprise to Alyssum, and answered clearly, though her tone was wary, thinking that the girl might think of her strange from her explanation, “Well, after sleeping in from for a couple of weeks, I feel more comfortable being in the air than on the ground—don’t get me wrong, I’d love to move into the Fort soon enough. But… I don’t know, really. It just feels safer, I guess.”

“Aly wants to be like bird. Nest in tree like swallow, wish could be like Macbeth,” the bird added, his tone both confident and mocking. The woman again pouted, and rolled her shoulder to shake him up a bit. “Now you’re just being annoying,” she grumbled, but she couldn’t stay mad long, and looked back at the girl. “So, Adelle, are you training to be a warrior like most of the pack? Or, are you learning some other abilities?” she asked, curious of the answer; she assumed she was, since she was looking for enemies, and Alyssum knew it must’ve not have been to idly chat with them.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread