we were free like water
The mare watched them as they spoke, probably wondering what they were saying. Adelle's tail swished, listening with curiosity. Breed had never seemed particularly important to her. All the horses looked the same, did the same job. home were bigger, some were smaller, and there were lots of color differences, but that didn't occur to her to be part of breed. Simply a fact about horses. It was like canines in her mind, with some growing taller and some being smaller, not yet occurring to her that who the parents were decided such things, just accepting it without realizing it as actual thought.

Adelle's eyes widened at the explanation. The horse had understood what they were saying? She giggled at the thought, amused by the horse's actions. That was a very smart horse. Adelle wanted one of her own like that, smart and pretty. Strong too, as a warrior's horse would have to be. Adelle was confused by Aly's answer, wondering how to respond to it. You fell out of it though. You can't fall off the ground. Very sharp logic. No amount of reasoning could change that fact. Adelle thought the bird's explanation made a lot more sense.

Asked whether or not she was training as a warrior Adelle's chest puffed out. I am a warrior. I have shifted, and entered into my true strength. I'll train hard and prove myself in battle. I will become accepted when I bring home my first trophy. Not Casa traditions, but traditions from her family, garnered by stories her grandpa had told her.

Messages In This Thread