we were free like water
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 327

Antebellum merely stared at the tall she-wolf as she patted her, as if she was sizing her up. As Alyssum finally found the book, she huffed and bent down to continue to eat. But, she stood near Adelle, to show hints that she liked the girl’s company, at least going as far as to acknowledge it. Seeing her point about the howling, Alyssum agreed, “Well, yes, I suppose you could. But, what if someone is too far away for someone to hear you? What if you don’t want to be overheard in the first place? With letters, you could plan things without the big risk of someone over hearing.” She found that more practical, like sleeping in the trees than on the ground, though it could have been another streak of her paranoia showing.

“I just find it a really important skill if you’re in a certain type of area—and you can learn so much more if you knew how to read,” she added, hoping for Adelle to realize how great of a thing it was. “Brain power can be just as necessary as bodily power; one can win a war with the right strategy and the smallest force.” Again, she became quiet for a moment. “I’d like to teach you, if you’ll let me. I have to warn you though,” she said, a slight grin on her face, “it’s a tough opponent, reading. Only the most patient and most dedicated of warriors are able to defeat the confusion that comes with the learning, and I only recommend it for the best. Seeing how you are keen to become the best, I think you could handle though. What do you say?”

Of course, she was blowing it out of proportions a little, describing the teaching as some grand adventure. Alyssum thought that perhaps the girl would find it more exciting if she saw it as such, the same way the woman viewed it so long again.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
OOC Ending: Alyssum teaches Adelle the basics of learning how to reading (The spelling/wording of simple words, most of the alphabet, etc.) until there was not enough daylight to continue. They decided that the de Fonte will continue to teach her how to read on later days when they have the time to get together.[/html]

Messages In This Thread