you lift my feet off the ground
He and Selene hadn’t had a whole lot of alone time except on the trip over here from Halifax. But that didn’t quite count in Fritz's eyes. He didn’t ignore but he knew that Tobias didn’t quite appreciate him being touchy-feely with his mate. So he had cut down on the public shows of affection, or at least tried to. It was rather hard when all he wanted to do was spend time with her. But helping start a pack was tough and it wouldn’t be a whole lot easier when it was started since was going to help lead it.

He had settled across the fire from her but kept giving his mate loving and at times longing glances. Of course he was the one that had decided to try and cut down on the gestures of major affection but a day of that and he already decided to stop it. She said that she wasn’t tired and neither was he. So when she came over to his side, he said, "I'm not either." He also needed to apologize to her. "Sorry I haven’t been as close to you today. I was trying to cut down for the Captain. But I've decided it won't work and that I don’t care what he thinks about me showing you affection." He wrapped his arm around her and placed a kiss to the top of her head.

Her hand rubbed his back and she had her head on his shoulder. "I love you, too." His gaze was drawn to the sea and he started humming a sea shanty that he had learned on the ship over here. He gave her quick kiss on the lips and grinned at her question. He inclined his head to the water and said, "Fancy a swim?" He wasn’t sure how cold the water would be but he hoped it wasn’t.

Messages In This Thread