on the sidelines
[html] sounds good!

Alder waited patently for the other wolf to reply. Some said that patience was a virtue; but Alder never truly seemed to run out of it and did not understand the saying. While Hati thought over the prospect Alder focused on the ride, his body over the horse, the way Hawthorn was holding back as they moved slowly around the track. It was not what the horse had wished to do, that was clear in his movements.

Hati spoke, and Alder listened intently. A smile worn softly on his face. Alder looked forward, out onto the track and did not think much of Hati’s hesitation. He had much of his own when working with horses. It was hard for some to find the strength in themselves, and Alder knew that well. Report to me in the stables tomorrow, and I’ll see what I have for you to do. He returned, his own tone lacking any reservations. Instead his deep voice was lighter then usual.

Hati would do fine, that was clear to the Marshal. He was unsure about committing to the task, but Alder could see it was not because Hati was unsure if he would like it but if he could accomplish it and without fail. That spoke volumes, it told him that Hati took what he did seriously and that it was not to be taken lightly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread