Empty Horizon
[html]
*loveloves the both of you* / 556 words

It seemed that Eydiss wouldn't have to wait long for her plea to be answered, for better or for worse. The moon had barely drifted in its endless nightly path before a four-legged form materialized in the distance, headed directly for her. She was upwind of the pack wolf, but the form's bulk hinted at its gender before the stranger paused before the outsider. Eydiss bowed her head, splaying her ears in submission to the pack member. As the grey wolf's voice broke the night, Eydiss' suspicions were confirmed. The greeter was male, with enchanting and kind green eyes. His posture was dominant, yet open enough and friendly rather than confrontational. She felt a pang of hope that this seemingly welcoming male would not prove to be of Stormbringer blood.

"Forgive me for intruding, sir. My name is Eydiss, and I've come looking for..." The black wolf had no chance to finish her introduction, for at that moment she was suddenly found herself being pulled into familiar arms. She nearly lost her composure as Miskunn wrapped her arms around her. It pierced her heart painfully to realize that the older female was a pure Stormbringer, and therefore someone who would probably meet an unsavory end at some point in the not-so-distant future. Eydiss had actually found herself growing quite fond of the wise woman, despite every effort to wall away her emotions. A flash of regret and sorrow glinted in her blue eyes before she steeled herself again, but she did allow a bit of genuine relief and comfort to show on her face. "Miskunn! I didn't expect you to be here already. I'm fine, just a bit...nervous, I suppose. My last attempt at a family reunion didn't really end all that well..." The bastard girl managed a nervous half-smile at her aunt, before casting her sapphire gaze to her other two relatives.

Seeing her niece's anxiety as plain as day on the girl's face, Miskunn kept a hand on the wolf's shoulder and took over the conversation. "Saul, Lilin, this is Eydiss Villieldr, your second cousin, I believe. She is the daughter of Wraith, current alpha of the Stormbringer home pack in Solbjorg Valley. He is not the most...reserved of gentlemen when it comes to matters of lust, I regret to say. He is also not the most responsible." The last two lines were emphasized by an empathetic glance aimed at Eydiss, who was silently thankful for her aunt's reassuring presence at this more important of first impressions. "Eydiss and her siblings have been searching for a home away from the conflict in Solbjorg. She was made aware of the number of Stormbringers and others located here in these lands, and came ahead of her family to see if there was anywhere suitable for them to make a life. We found each other a few weeks ago, just around the same time I found you two. We've been in contact since, and I'm glad to see she took my invitation, and my advice. I told her she would most certainly find a place among her brethren here. The decision is ultimately yours, of course, but I believe she would be a welcome addition to our little clan." Miskunn's silver eyes glimmered warmly in the moonlight as she glanced between her three younger relatives.

<style type="text/css">
.edyli b {font-weight:bold; color:#a2512e; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.edyli p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.edyli {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#270505; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6tzY7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 260px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#854442; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.edyli p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.edyli p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread