If it's not real, you can't hold it in your hand
[html]

Ember had no luck with the door, and took a few steps back after her initial failure. She was tired from the day's ride and her eyelids drooped a bit as she forced herself to have one final look around the place. She located a crowbar laying off in the grass and started toward it, returning the door once she had the metal object in her grasp. Her spirit guide Utriu, who needed no sleep, chattered endlessly in her ear as pushed the crowbar into the crack in the doorframe and began to push. She answered the spirit in a normal tone, her alto voice carrying over the yard around her. To an outsider, it would seem like an odd conversation indeed; rather one-sided. The spirit was able to maintain invisibility at will, and speaking very quietly to her despite his excited tone and quick words. "Yes, I do like crab. I had it once. No. I really did...y'don't remember? You were there, you great lummox of a - !" Ember's voice was cut off by a nearby vocalization, and she swallowed hard before turning her head in the stranger's direction.

A great cracking sound from the door frame announced that her breaking-and-entering adventure was nearly finished. The rusted screws came out of the surrounding fixtures with another yank, and she was able to remove the entire door. The tall female placed it on the crumbling stairs next to her, standing back and placing one hand on the hilt of her longsword. The other canine had announced their presence with that woof, but she was having trouble locating them with her eyes. It was getting too dark to differentiate many things around her, now, shadows melting together as the sun sank farther over the horizon. "I heard you...whoever you are. Are you a friend, or a foe?" She called, walking cautiously around the now-useless door to stare out into the dark street.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread