If it's not real, you can't hold it in your hand
[html]
the baffled king composing

It's all good! I was a bit swamped myself earlier. >__>

263 words

The woman said that she didn’t need anyone, and Levent laughed. “Even the most solitary of creatures need someone,” he retorted, passing on from one cliché to the other. He gestured somewhat at his feline companion as he spoke. He was pretty sure someone would go insane without another beast to talk to every once in a while, though she was apparently trying hard to go through at least this hour that way. Something told him he might have come at a bad time, or maybe she was just wary.

But Lev didn’t really think himself that dangerous. Now, those he occasionally ran with…

Her hand reached for the sword as he teasingly pointed it out, and he took a step back at the glimmer of the steel as she unsheathed it. He nodded curtly at her explanation, even as Wilson mewled weakly and dropped down to crouch safely behind him. “Where’d you get it?” the Turkish wolf asked, open curiosity and even a bit of awe creeping into his voice. It would help if he sounded genuinely curious rather than coveting, though; he had no need of a sword, and while she didn’t know that, she might worry he’d steal it. Not that it wouldn’t fetch a pretty penny…

“I’m Levent Kartal, from just about everywhere on the other side of the sea, and from absolutely nowhere on this side.” He grinned teasingly, shoving his hands in his pockets casually. “I didn’t think you were a fool, Ember. A fool might be more welcoming.” He hinted at her wariness with some amusement.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Metamorphous);
.levbaff {width:98%; max-width:598px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/I8P0v.png); background-color:#DBCFC3; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0px auto; border:#000 1px solid; border-radius:30px; color:#000; font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.levbaff .tagline {color:#fff; font-family:'Metamorphous', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:30px; text-align:center; opacity: 0.8; margin:20px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; }
.levbaff p {text-indent:0px; padding:3px 15px;}
.levbaff b {color:#000; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; opacity: 0.7;}
.levbaff b.cat {color:#fff; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; opacity: 1;}
.levbaff p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:12px; padding:0px 15px;}
.levbaff p.wordcount {font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread