every end has a beginning
[html]

Word Count → 000

Everything went to plan. Perfectly in fact. The foal was delivered safely, a testament to both Io and Frodo's care and Rio's natural maternal instinct. The red and white collie held back a snicker as Frodo leapt back, scared by Rio's sudden movement to stand and tend to her child. Io herself stood, moving over slowly to pet the mare softly as her head dipped to clean the filly (as much as Io could see). 'She did well...' the hybrid commented, clearly impressed by Rio's first time foaling. 'She will be one of AniWaya's finest brood mares, I think'. There was a small silence that filled the stall. 'Of course, she will need a rest first. A good few months wait...' Io watched as Frodo helped clean off the filly, the mare didn't seem to mind and, in fact, seemed happy to have the hunter aid her where she had no experience and only instinct.

'We will keep the herd outside tonight, tak?' she asked, turning to the male, 'I do not think it will rain tonight and I will go and make sure there is water in the trough and hay in the rack for them'. Io petted the foal too, looking down at the dark creature and smiling. 'Smoke, that is her name. Her coat does not seem like it will lighten much.' Yes. Her name was truly Smoke, dark like her coat.

<style>
.galcrown-04 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:url();background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.galcrown-04 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:center;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.galcrown-04 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.galcrown-04 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.galcrown-04 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.galcrown-04 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.galcrown-04 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.galcrown-04 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread