[p] cities encircled in iron
[html]

(386)

Draugr is by me!

Miqui made no motion to join them, which was just as well. Draugr didn't have to speak loudly enough so he could hear, and perhaps he would tune them out anyway. The drab wolfdog's ears twitched at the richs ounds of the mottled canine's voice, lavender eyes following the woman's motions. Though she professed no knowledge of Eris or Liliana, she agreed to consider trade -- so far so good. Draugr did not know Liliana, either, and she hadn't even known AniWaya before undertaking this journey -- they were all strangers, then, for Miqui had flatly told her he cared not a whit for the trivialities of the outsider packs.

Thank you, Dra said, this time offering the woman a smile. The Associate wondered if she ought to introduce herself, but figured it didn't matter much -- she was simply a vessel for the Colotl ranks, which was just fine by her. Though the drab wolfdog was not extremely knowledgeable with this llama creature, she'd had many long hours to talk it over with Miqui on their way here, and she knew what to say. Sheep were common enough, and the ewes they offered were younger ones. That horse is very fine, but we can talk price later, the wolf said, shrugging her broad shoulders. No rush -- I am going nowhere, she said, grinning and gesturing to the empty traces before her. It would take Miqui some time to hitch the horses back up, and Dra didn't intend to leave until her business was completed -- successfully or unsuccessfully.

The llama -- it makes wool, like a sheep, and can be sheared. It's very, very soft. Umm, she paused, thinking a moment. They live much longer than sheep -- like a horse. They can be trained kind of like a horse, too -- useful for carrying things here and there, like a pack animal. Dra hopped down from the wagon's seat and stood, watching the red woman interact with the creature. Their best use, though, is as a guard animal -- they bond closely with sheep, cows, and other sorts of herds, and protect them quite well. This male -- Rory -- is very well-tempered, and already guarded sheep before. We haven't trained him to carry things, but I think it can be done.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread