The most painful state of being
[html]
OOC / +380

The ivory wolf noticed Zalen's approach as she was talking, but continued her speech. Both of New Dawn's alphas had arrived at the boarders to answer her call. Even though the black male had promised her protection just a month before, Kiara was still uneasy. What if they refused her? She had yet to have her first shift after being infected by Amy, but perhaps they would see her as a threat instead of a wanderer in search of help. What if they rejected her puppy? Lucia was the only one Kiara had left; she couldn't bear to loose her last daughter. Kiara's maternal instincts flared and it became increasingly harder for her to submit to the others. Habitually, her body rose as Zalen approached Lucia, if only by a fraction of an inch. Lucia, who was too tired to care, simply whined and lay there with here eyes closed.

Again, that dreadful question was thrown her way. It seemed to her as if Zalen had a habit of poking at her mental wounds, even if it was out of concern. He had asked her the same thing before and she couldn't bring herself to answer him then. However, the situation was different. If he were to become her alpha, she would have to answer his questions without fail. Thankfully, before Kiara could speak, Tatiana chimed in with her own opinion of the situation while Tharin provided the young mother with mental support through his gentle nudges.

As the Alphess spoke, Kiara lowered her head respectfully and averted her eyes from the more dominant wolves. The young mother was grateful for her conviction and generosity. Even if she were turned away, Kiara would do anything to make sure that at least her puppy was safe. When Tatiana left the group, the young mother inhaled deeply in an attempt to steady herself. Even so, she couldn't prevent her voice from shaking a little. Kohaku... my puppy... he's gone. I searched everywhere for him... but, I... Lucia let out a whine and Kiara stopped talking. She was on the verge of tears but managed to fight them off. Lucia needed her to be strong. Swallowing hard, she continued. I have lost two puppies; I wont see another one disappear from my sights.

Table by: Cait

<style type="text/css">
.kiapup b {font-weight:bold; color:#619dbc; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #08171f; }
.kiapup p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.kiapup {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#39565a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ecMB6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a3c1c5; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.kiapup p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.kiapup p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread