Midnight Show
[html]

Desaevio’s words fell on her like an avalanche. Not that they were unexpected, when she had heard his call she had assumed his business with her had something to do with the war. Although he lacked any serious news Cercelee could once again feel the pressure that had been blissfully absent the past few weeks. When she had stayed in Dahlia de Mai, she had to think about the war because even if she forgot for one moment, words of it were on someone’s lips. The tension in the air there had been thick, it was almost as if she could smell the lust for blood seeping from some of the members there. All that had been gone in Twilight Vale. Of course she thought about the war, wondered how the pack was faring, worried for them, but she only had to think of it when she wanted to. It was not constant, and she was not responsible. Desaevio brought that all back to her with his words.

For a moment she wanted to snap at him. Why was he bringing this here, to her? Haku was back home, he was in charge, and he was probably glad of the fact that Cer was out of the way for now. The war was his war, Cercelee was just a bystander. Yet she was calm and collected, nodding as more words tumbled from the male’s lips. Finally he finished and she paused to consider her words. Whatever they were, she doubted Desaevio would find much satisfaction in them, and she was sorry that she would be disappointing him before the visit was over. “They have another leader besides me, and he’s the one that is handling everything with the war. I’m no more a warrior than the rest of them, Desaevio, so I fear I can’t be much service to them in that respect. I bid them be careful and take their time at the meeting, I however can not force them to abide by that. You yourself say that action needs to be taken? Well, if it were up to me, I would rather try to end this mess with words. However, I feel neither side would be content with that, not yet anyway. So what do you want from me?” What did the male before her want? What had he been expecting to find when he came here?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread